Did you know that your body is made up of 70% water? Drink up!
I am being a bit of a hypocrite here because I do not drink the recommended 8 glasses a day, some days I swear I live on just coffee (not recommended.)
When you don’t drink enough water your body becomes dehydrated. Dehydration speeds up the aging process, causes dry skin, breakouts, uneven complexion, brittle nails and hair, headaches, fatigue, and dark circles under your eyes. Plus a slew of other health factors.
There are a million reasons why drinking water is helpful to your body. (The only downside is that you take 17 bathroom breaks a day!)
Doctors recommend 64oz of water a day. Remember that salty foods and drinks such as alcohol, coffee, tea and soda are diuretics so extra water intake is needed after enjoying them.
Yes, water can be boring but there are so many ways to liven it up…
• Fruit slices- cut up some lemons, limes, cucumbers, pineapple, oranges and strawberries. Find a combination that suits your tastes. +add mint for an extra refreshing feeling.
• Pour in a splash of unsweetened fruit juice
• Add a squeeze or two of liquid concentrated flavours (mio, crystal light,
• Steep in a caffeine-free flavoured tea of your choice
• Make a fruity purée, just blend icecubes and your favourite berries/fruits
•Drink sparkling water, the bubbles make it fun!
My March Goal is to guzzle down atleast 64oz of water each day.
How much H2O are you getting a day? How do you like to jazz up your water?